Our library houses a diverse collection of over 40,000 items:
- children's materials in both fiction and nonfiction, ranging from materials for infants to teens
- nonfiction books including an extensive collection in a wide variety of topics kept current
- fiction books in both paperback and hardcover, ranging from classics to bestsellers and many in between
- audio materials including compact discs, audiobooks, and language courses
- DVDs including classic movies, children's programs, documentaries, and instructional items
- Daisy books which are digital talking books which may contain both sound and text - they give people who are blind or print disabled an improved way to read
- magazines and newspapers - here is a full listing of all magazines and newspapers (Excel version with weblinks-takes a minute or two to load) at our library. Click here for .pdf version.
- reference materials including encyclopedias, atlases, university calendars, government publications, and reference books
- local history collection with materials on the history of Hinton and surrounding area
- archival materials
These materials are shelved using the Dewey Decimal System.
Check at the Circulation Desk to find out more on how you can find materials in the library.
Info Hotline: 780-865-6050
Hetty Wilderdijk, Head Librarian
Marilyn Campbell, Archives Technician
Pam Stewart, Library Program & Service Coordinator
Maureen King, Information Technician
Jan Fissel, Public Services Librarian